Friday, April 27, 2007

Insanely Delicious Beer!

Right this second I'm enjoying one of the better beers I've ever tasted. I tend to like beer that is dark, with noticeable "hoppiness". My usual favorites are beers like Newcastle, Old Speckled Hen, Sam Adam's Boston Ale, Sam Adam's Black Lager, and Rogue Dead Guy Ale, with the latter being my personal favorite. This Belhaven Wee Heavy tastes to me like a combination of Dead Guy and Black Lager, with a noticeable alcohol content. 6.5% ain't too shabby. At the liquor store I used to work they have a new beer that is 20% alcohol. I believe it was one of Dogfish Head's IPAs ... probably 120 minute IPA. I recommend this Belhaven, good good stuff.

*Edit: Only one bottle and I'm buzzed. I remember back when it took me half a bottle of Johnnie Walker to get a buzz. Can't say I look back fondly on those days.

No comments: