Saturday, April 14, 2007

Notes To Self: March

"The Five Hinderences"
1. Doubt
2. Desire
3. Aversion
4. Sloth/Torpor
5. Agitation/Restlessness

"The bureaucracy is united in its indifference" -?

Is Kierkegaard's "Leap of Faith" akin to enlightenment?
The Categorical Imperative trumps Game Theory?

John McCain = 100 soldiers, 3 blackhawks, and a bulletproof vest = Iraq is safe.

I'm sick of Clay Walker singing at every sporting event in Houston.

Existence is like being strapped into the driver's seat of a car going 100 mph with no brakes.

I need more time just to do nothing but think. I must be away from the television and computer in order to do this. Library?
*Lost my ability to make decisions for myself, trusting in your decision making abilities.
*Pretty much "the living dead" a lot of the time.
*I should listen to Dharma talks at the library on my Ipod. Minimize distractions and take notes

The better I concentrate the more anxious I get. I have to force myself to fall back into a mental haze to end the anxiety. This constant mental haze leads to depression. Its a vicious cycle. Anxiety is the root cause.

Going to the gym is the foundation of your future!!!
You need confidence!!!

I wish it were possible to really know someone. The impossibility of it terrifies me. Why bother at all? Is there some payoff I'm not aware of? What am I missing here. I guess the typical response would be to tell me to get over it. Is this really something I can get over, or is it just one more thing to repress? Maybe the whole point is that you're never supposed to really know the other. If it were really possible to completely know another person would that take away some of the spice of existence? Maybe I just need to take some more philosophy classes

When I get lost in thought about an object, I sometimes have trouble with the fact that I am not the object I'm thinking about.

Learn more about Joseph Conrad.

No comments: